Moodle is a service that Hiram makes available to students and faculty to help them organize their classes. Moodle isn’t used by every professor, and the ones that use it don’t always use all of its features. The main purpose of Moodle is for professors to provide a database of resources for students attending a specific class. This can be done in the form of uploaded documents, links, and other forms of media. Below you will find information on how to use your Moodle account.
How to log in to Moodle:
- Go to my.hiram.edu and click on the Moodle link on the top of the screen.
How to view courses:
- You will be taken to a screen with all of your courses listed by default.
- If you navigate to another part of the Moodle website, you will be able to return to your course list by clicking the “My Courses” button in the top-right corner of the screen.
- On the “My Courses” page, you can mark courses as “Favorites” so that they always appear at the top of the list. To do this, click on the star in the upper right corner of the class tile.
Accessing Grades, Class List, and other options:
- On the page for a course, locate the “Course Dashboard” option under the topic list for the course.
- Select the desired option on the next page.