In addition to programs leading to teacher licensure, the Education Department at Hiram College now offers a liberal arts major in Educational Studies.
Hiram College recognizes that while the traditional teaching license meets the interests of many students, others may wish to pursue a background in education that will allow them to teach in a wide variety of settings.
Both programs offer students the opportunity to engage in experiences that will prepare them for challenges faced by education and educators of the 21st century.
- The Education Department at Hiram College is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), www.ncate.org
- Hiram College's 12-3 academic calendar is unique to the nation and provides opportunities for intensive field and clinical experiences
- Hiram College pass rates on educator license exams demonstrate our teacher candidates consistently rank among the top in the state
- Graduates of the Education Department are proficient in technology integration and rate their preparation program above state average in using technology to enhance teaching and student learning
Warning: fopen(/home/hiram582/public_html/tmp/feedcache-news.cache) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hiram582/public_html/h/modules/mod_around_campus/helper.php on line 76
- Education Students Network at Cleveland Museum of Natural History, Botanical Garden Junior education majors got the chance to explore…
- Students Engage Local Elementary Students at Math Night Junior education students had the opportunity to put…
For advising and more information, please contact:
Roxanne Sorrick, Department Chair and Associate Professor of Education
- Jessie Smith House