The Computer Science Department offers two majors: computer science and applied computer science. Our students leave Hiram with both a rigorous education and practical experience.
The applied computer science major is new in Fall 2014, and is designed for students who wish to enter careers in information technology, digital media, computer information systems and other technology-related fields upon graduation from Hiram College. Our faculty can help advise you on which track to choose, based on career and graduate school aspirations.
As a department, we have articulated the mission of the computer science program as follows, aligned with and inspired by the mission for Hiram College. The mission of the computer science program is:
- To develop ethical, socially responsible, analytical, and critical thinkers.
- To instill in our students a foundation for making creative contributions to society in the computing area.
- To provide challenges to our students within a supportive community.
- Hiram College Contributes to NASA Research Through New Camera Hiram College is one of the newest homes…
- Senior Awarded for Computer Science Research Computer science major Sulochana Bramhacharya ’13 was awarded…
- Computer Science Students and Faculty Shine at Conference Hiram College students and professors participated in the…
For more information
If you have specific questions about the computer science program at Hiram College or if you would like more information, please contact:
- Louis Oliphant
- Department Chair, Assistant Professor